Boston Convention Marketing Center, Boston, MA; November 2015 – Present
The Boston Convention Marketing Center (BCMC) is a joint effort of the Massachusetts Convention Center Authority (MCCA) and the Greater Boston Convention & Visitors Bureau to market and sell the Boston Convention & Exhibition Center, the John B. Hynes Veterans Memorial Convention Center, and The Lawn On D. The brand name of the BCMC and MCCA is Signature Boston.
Events Marketing Manager, August 2018 – Present
- Responsible for overseeing the Signature Boston trade show and events program.
- Manage all aspects of the trade show program, including booking, ordering, overseeing vendors, shipments, onsite execution, creation of annual marketing campaign, and list management.
- Produce customer events in other cities to facilitate face-to-face communications with clients. Events range from $50k receptions during trade shows to coordinating small sales events. Responsibilities include: conducting site visits, facilitating contracts, organizing customer experiences, booking entertainment, and ordering branded client gifts. Several events have had recent record attendance.
- Manage marketing and event strategy. Execute digital marketing (email, social media) for industry and client events and trade shows.
- Manage marketing and brand strategy for public events at The Lawn On D. Maintain the website and ongoing event calendar. Secondary support for social media, weekly newsletter, and public relations.
- Manage marketing support for Citizens, the title sponsor of The Lawn On D.
- After COVID-19, took on Digital Marketing Manager duties after the position was eliminated.
Digital Marketing Manager, April 2018 – August 2018
- Overall management of digital marketing assets, continuing work from previous role.
- Launched, managed, and trained BCMC team on the HubSpot sales and marketing platforms.
- Copywriting and management of blog and social media. Blog 1, Blog 2, Blog 3
- Write, design, code, and deploy all email marketing assets for Signature Boston.
- Development of sales collateral, including managing production of various video series.
Marketing Communications Manager, November 2015 – April 2018
- Overall management of digital marketing assets.
- Assisted in relaunching com, on a brand new platform, by assisting with content and image creation.
- Assisted in launching a brand new LawnOnD.com within the same Signature Boston web platform.
- Management of Signature Boston and The Lawn On D social media. Developed strategy for both outlets, including the overall 2016 strategy for social media event promotions at The Lawn On D in conjunction with event partners. Responsible for substantial social media growth for The Lawn On D, including a 30% growth of followers on Facebook in the first two months of taking over management for the account.
- Write, design, code, and deploy all email marketing assets for Signature Boston and The Lawn On D, including press releases, weekly newsletters, automated meeting planner alerts, and more.
- Independently developed brand guidelines to encourage consistency in spelling and grammar.
- Development of sales collateral.
Virtual, Inc., Wakefield, MA; August 2013 – November 2015
Marketing Communications Specialist
- Directed day-to-day marketing activities and project level support in a fast-paced, collaborative agency environment with a strong focus on event marketing–in addition to general marketing communications–for professional association clients.
- Manage marketing strategy and execution and deadlines for multiple events. Develop event marketing plan strategy.
- Write, design and execute email promotions. Manage website redesign projects. Execute ongoing web updates.
- Write, design and update print collateral – web banners, brochures, event guides, signage, flyers – managing from conception to delivery.
- Collaborate closely with events staff, web team, graphic designers, account managers, and external vendors.
- Serve on the company’s FUN Committee that organizes monthly in-office and offsite events to boost employee morale and engagement.
Reed Exhibitions, Norwalk, CT; May 2009 – August 2013
Marketing Manager, International Pharmaceutical Expo (INTERPHEX) & IBTM America (Americas Meetings & Events Exhibition), September 2011 – August 2013
- Specialized in trade show marketing for one of the largest trade show organizers in the world, with audiences ranging from 2,000 to 100,000. Worked across the wider marketing spectrum through focus on email/web marketing, onsite and pre-show special events, public relations, print (signage, printed marketing collateral, brochures, advertisements, postcards, logos, etc), social media (managing and analytics), and media partnerships.
- Marketing Manager for team who grew attendance of INTERPHEX New York in 2013 by over 20%.
- Produced bi-weekly corporate social media best practices e-newsletter.
- Extensive experience in public relations, including two years of managing New York Comic Con’s press registration. Additional experience in writing press releases and managing a public relations campaign, with and without an agency.
- Supervised small team of Marketing Associates. Coordinated workload and project distribution. Assisted and mentored Associates.
Marketing Associate I & II, May 2009 – September 2011
Marketing Intern, December 2008 – January 2009
- Editor-in-Chief (paid position), The Summit Yearbook, Quinnipiac University, Hamden, CT; 2008 – 2009
- Graphic Design Intern, Alexander Isley Inc., Redding, CT; 2008
- Corporate Training Intern, Open Solutions, Inc., Glastonbury, CT; Summer 2007 & Winter 2008
- Work-Study, Quinnipiac University Post Office, Hamden, CT; 2005 – 2008
- Waitress, Crestview Country Club, Feeding Hills, MA; 2006 – 2008
- Dunkin Donuts, Feeding Hills, MA; 2003 – 2005 *Connecticut Dunkin’ Donuts Franchisee Scholarship Program Recipient
Quinnipiac University, Hamden, CT; 2005-2009
Bachelor of Arts in Interactive Digital Design (Magna Cum Laude), Minor in Print Journalism
HubSpot Inbound Certified
Individual: Innovation in Marketing; Star of the Show 2011
5 Time Winner: Marketing Team of the Half-Year
Show Team: Special Recognition; 2 Time Winner: Most Improved Attendance; Team of the Year
Design & Publishing: Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, Acrobat
Programming Languages: HTML, Basic CSS
Web/Analytics: HubSpot, Salesforce Marketing Cloud, Mailchimp, Constant Contact, WordPress, content management systems