Boston Convention Marketing Center, Boston, MA; November 2015 – Present
Marketing Communications Specialist
The Boston Convention Marketing Center (BCMC) is a joint effort of the Massachusetts Convention Center Authority and the Greater Boston Convention & Visitors Bureau to market and sell the Boston Convention & Exhibition Center, the John B. Hynes Veterans Memorial Convention Center and The Lawn on D. The BCMC is the single point of contact for event requirement submissions, hotel room blocks, facility contracts and site visits.
- Job responsibilities include overall management of digital marketing assets, including:
- Assisted in relaunching SignatureBoston.com, on a brand new platform, by assisting with content and image creation.
- Assisted in launching a brand new LawnOnD.com within the same Signature Boston web platform.
- Management of Signature Boston and The Lawn On D social media. Developed strategy for both outlets, including the overall 2016 strategy for social media event promotions at The Lawn On D in conjunction with event partners. Responsible for substantial social media growth for The Lawn On D, including a 30% growth of followers on Facebook in the first two months of taking over management for the account.
- Write weekly article for the Signature Boston blog, targeting meeting planners.
- Writing, design, coding, and deployment of all email marketing assets for Signature Boston and The Lawn On D, including press releases, weekly newsletters, automated meeting planner alerts, and more.
- Development of sales collateral, including the redesign of a presentation library.
Virtual, Inc., Wakefield, MA; August 2013 – November 2015
Marketing Communications Specialist
- Responsible for executing day-to-day marketing activities and project level support in a fast-paced, collaborative, agency-like environment with a strong focus on event marketing, in addition to general marketing communications, for professional association clients.
- Manage marketing execution and deadlines for multiple events. Develop and advise on event marketing plan strategy.
- Write, design and execute email promotions. Manage website redesign projects. Execute ongoing web updates.
- Write, design and update print collateral – web banners, brochures, event guides, signage, flyers – managing from conception to delivery.
- Collaborate closely with events staff, web team, graphic designers, account managers and external vendors.
- Serve on the company’s FUN Committee that organizes monthly in-office and offsite events to boost employee morale and engagement.
Reed Exhibitions, Norwalk, CT; May 2009 – August 2013
Marketing Manager, International Pharmaceutical Expo (INTERPHEX) & IBTM America (Americas Meetings & Events Exhibition), September 2011 – August 2013
- Manage and mentor team of Marketing Associates in their day-to-day functions and ensure they meet brand guidelines. Proofread all work for accuracy, content and consistency in brand voice.
- Co-led implementation and training of Dreamweaver and Exact Target.
- Create, manage and execute marketing strategy & communication plan for current and prospective exhibitors through email, website content, social media, webinars, and value-added marketing programs.
- Write, edit and execute emails using Adobe Dreamweaver and Exact Target. Create segmented content for audiences based on interest and/or demographic. Track and analyze email marketing campaigns.
- Manage social media strategy for events. In-house social media “expert” as three year writer & editor of internal social media best practices newsletter. Created and implemented a tracking report for use across all events.
Marketing Associate I & II, May 2009 – September 2011
Marketing Intern; December 2008 – January 2009
The Summit Yearbook, Quinnipiac University, Hamden, CT
Editor-in-Chief, May 2008 – May 2009
Alexander Isley Inc., Redding, CT
Graphic Design Intern, June – July 2008
Open Solutions, Inc., Glastonbury, CT
Training Intern, Summer 2007 & Winter 2008
Quinnipiac University, Hamden, CT; 2005-2009, Magna Cum Laude
Bachelor of Arts in Interactive Digital Design, Minor in Print Journalism
- Individual: Innovation in Marketing; Star of the Show 2011
- 5 Time Winner: Marketing Team of the Half-Year
- Show Team: Special Recognition; 2 Time Winner: Most Improved Attendance; Team of the Year
AREAS OF EXPERTISE
- Event Marketing
- Event Planning
- Graphic Design (Print & Web)
- Email Marketing
- Public Relations
- Social Media
- Design & Publishing: Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, Acrobat and Dreamweaver
- Programming Languages: HTML, Basic CSS
- Web/Analytics: Exact Target, Constant Contact, WordPress, CMS, Campaign Tracking System
- General: Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, Publisher, OneNote and FrontPage